Saturday, October 9, 2010

New Machine

My new A1 quilting machine was set up and taught to me yesterday, so exciting and Jamie was an awesome teacher! It was a wonderful experience and A1 is lucky to have him as a dealer!  Have some DVDs to watch to learn more, just have to find time to watch them. 

So, I showed Scott how it worked today.  His only comment was "that looks boring"!  Guess I don't have to worry about fighting with him for time to use it!

I did the daily maintenance and oiling, checked the bobbin tension and reinserted the bobbin and start quilting.  Right away there were some awful metal on metal sounds of klunking- oh no!  Look under the machine and the bobbin case had been ejected and the bobbin was hanging from a tangle of threads!  Guess I didn't get the bobbin case in just right.  Rats.   So, back to the DVD to learn how to clean out a broken needle tip, replace the needle, do a timing test and it now seems to be working just like it should.  Whew! 

Here are some of my first attempts at meandering and circles and vines.  Guess I have a lot of practicing to do!  But it's exciting!  Wish me luck!




1 comment:

  1. Looks good. I have not heard of A1. How does it compare to a Gammill?
    Rick would like this more than a conventional sewing machine as it is more of a production piece of equipment. But, he might think it was boring, too.

    ReplyDelete